Certificate in Food and Agri-Business
This 1 year part-time course has been designed to up-skill existing science and agriculture graduates with a view to increasing their employability in the Agri-Food sector.
Important notice about this course
NOW ENROLLING FOR JANUARY 2021
The technical skills of these graduates will be enhanced by the acquisition of knowledge in areas such as business, marketing, entrepreneurship, quality management and lean manufacturing. This will enable them to contribute to the cost-effective development and marketing of products in this sector.
A combination of on-line and face to face classes. Students are required to attend for face to face classes one evening a week.
Due to the blended learning delivery within this course students should have access to a PC / Mac, a headset with a mic, and a broadband internet connection from home, so as to be able to fully participate in the course. Basic IT skills are essential.
Graduates of this programme should be in a position to obtain employment in the Agri-Food sector in managerial, supervisory, product development or quality management positions. The programme will also provide skills to entrepreneurs who wish to start a small company or develop a food product and bring it to the marketplace.
The course fee is €1,425. The fee is payable as follows:
- Application Fee = €50 (Non-refundable if you are made an offer of a course place).
- Accept Offer Fee = €100 (non-refundable).
- Instalment 1 of €600 is payable by 28th February 2021
- Instalment 2 of €675 is payable by 31st October 2021
- Level 6 major award in business, science, engineering or agriculture. (Applicants who do not have a Level 6 award may still apply and may be considered for an interview.)
- Applicants for whom English is not their first language must have English level of IELTS 4.5 or equivalent.
- Equivalent industry recognition may be given through the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process on an individual case-by-case basis to candidates who have not yet achieved this academic standard but who can demonstrate significant relevant professional experience.
|School||School of Health & Science|
|Department||Agriculture, Food and Animal Health|
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|
|Starting Date||Thursday 28th January 2021|
How to Apply
You can enrol online for this course by clicking on the button below. The final closing date for applications is Friday 27th November 2020 or until places are full.
Applicants should also include a copy of their CV and copies of academic transcripts with their application.