Certificate in Food and Agri-Business
This 1 year part-time course has been designed to up-skill existing science and agriculture graduates with a view to increasing their employability in the Agri-Food sector. The technical skills of these graduates will be enhanced by the acquisition of knowledge in areas such as business, marketing, entrepreneurship, quality management and lean manufacturing.
Important notice about this course
NOW ENROLLING FOR SEPTEMBER 2019
The aim of this course is to up-skill existing science and agriculture graduates with a view to increasing their employability in the Agri-Food sector. The technical skills of these graduates will be enhanced by the acquisition of knowledge in areas such as business, marketing, entrepreneurship, quality management and lean manufacturing.
This will enable them to contribute to the cost-effective development and marketing of products in this sector.
Modules studied include:
- Food Industry Quality Management
- Value Added Products for the Food Industry
- Marketing for the Agri-Business Sector
- Food Processing and Production Management
- Packaging of Food Products
- Agri-Food Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
- Food industry: quality management
- Marketing for the agri business sector.
- Valued Added products for the Food Industry
- Food processing and production management
- Packaging of food products
- Agir Food entrepreneurship and innovation
Learners will be expected to attend DkIT one afternoon/evening per week. The remainder of the course is delivered online.
Mix of online/distance and on-campus. Due to the blended learning delivery within this course students should have access to PC / Mac, a headset with a mic, and a broadband internet connection from home, so as to be able to fully participate in the course.
Graduates of this programme should be in a position to obtain employment in the Agri-Food sector in managerial, supervisory, product development or quality management positions. The programme will also provide skills to entrepreneurs who wish to start a small company or develop a food product and bring it to the marketplace.
The course fee is €1,425 per year. The fee is payable as follows:
- Application Fee = €50 (Non-refundable if you are made an offer of a course place)
- Accept Offer Fee = €100 (non-refundable)
- Instalment 1 of €600 is payable by 31st October 2019
- Instalment 2 of €675 is payable by 28th February 2020
Level 6 major award in business, science, engineering or agriculture
Applicants who do not have a Level 6 award may still apply and may be considered for interview.
International students must have English level of IELTS 5.5 or equivalent.
|School||School of Health & Science|
|Department||Agriculture, Food and Animal Health|
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|
|Starting Date||Thursday 26th September 2019|
How to Apply
You can apply to this course online by clicking the button below.