IPASS Certificate in Payroll Techniques
Three great reasons to consider this course
- The leading payroll qualification in the Ireland
- QQI Level 6 Accedited Special Purpose Qualification
- IPASS qualification was designed in collaboration with payroll professionals in industry
This 1-year part-time course is designed to provide all the practical skills necessary for payroll personnel to operate efficiently and in compliance with Revenue regulations.
This qualification provides payroll personnel with a nationally recognised qualification by which they can be evaluated. The syllabus for this IPASS qualification was prepared following consultation with payroll professionals in industry, commerce and in the public sector, and it reflects the diverse range of skills and knowledge which all payroll professionals require in order to function efficiently.
Successful students will obtain the Certificate in Payroll Techniques which is accredited by QQI as a Level 6 Special Purpose qualification on the National Framework of Qualifications. The course material includes numerous examples and self-assessment questions which students can use to develop their knowledge while they study.
The course is extremely practical and interesting and is designed to allow students to progress at a realistic pace. Whether you already work in payroll, or not, you will find this course extremely interesting, practical and relevant to you.
Stage 1 September to December
- Employment Law: Introduction to Employment Law, Terms of Employment, Payment of Wages, National Minimum Wage, Organisation of Working Time and Juries Act.
- PAYE/PRSI/USC System: Revenue Administration, Calculation of Gross Pay, The PAYE System, Personal Tax Credits and Reliefs, Operation and Calculation of PAYE, The PRSI System, Operation of the Universal Social Charge, Local Property Tax, deductions from pay and calculation of net pay, P45s, P30s, P35s, P60s.
Stage 2 February to May
- Employment Law: Maternity Leave, Adoptive, Parental & Carers Leave, Protection of Part-Time & Fixed Term Workers. Protection of Young Persons and Temporary Agency Workers.
- PAYE /PRSI/USC System: Expenses and Tax free payments, Benefits in Kind, Termination payments, Pensions and PRSAs, PRD, Taxation of Short-term Social Insurance Benefits, Attachments of Earnings Orders.
The course is divided into two stages, each one conducted over one evening per week for ten weeks. Those wishing to qualify must successfully complete examinations held in December and May. Distance/ Online Learning option available also.
Students who graduate as a Certified Payroll Technician will:
- Hold a QQI accredited Level 6 qualification
- Become an invaluable member of their employers' financial team, by being aware of their employer's compliance obligations in a highly technical area
- Greatly enhance their career development prospects
- Enhance their payroll skills, their technical expertise and confidence
- Develop their professional skills and abilities through the application of advanced training
- Develop a network of contacts in a range of businesses working in the same specialist field as themselves.
Stage 1 – including exam fees, course manual, sample exam papers, etc. €495
Stage 2 - including exam fees, course manual, sample exam papers, etc. €495 Annual student registration fee €100 HETAC Fee €50
There are no specific entry requirements and all course material will be given to participants with plenty of practical examples worked through in the classes.
- This course is promoted by the Irish Payroll Association (IPASS) the professional body for those working in the payroll function. The course is aimed at all those working in, or intending to work in, the payroll function.
- It is designed to provide all the practical skills necessary for payroll personnel to operate efficiently and in compliance with Revenue regulations.
- This qualification is the leading payroll qualification in the Ireland.
The course will be of interest to:
- Anyone who is responsible for maintaining a company's PAYE, PRSI and USC records
- People responsible for the completion of PAYE, PRSI and USC Returns
- Accounts Managers and staff
- People working in a finance department
- Accountants and Accounting Technicians
- People who wish to improve their knowledge of the Irish PAYE, PRSI and USC system
- Anyone who wants to obtain a valuable qualification;
|School||School of Business & Humanities|
|Department||Management and Financial Studies|
|Awarding Body||QQI (HETAC) at Level 6|
|Starting Date||September 2020|
How to Apply
Booking forms are available from the Irish Payroll Association at
A: IPASS House, H4 Centrepoint Business Park, Dublin 12
T: + 353 1 4089100
F: +353 1 4089102
W: Applications can be downloaded from www.ipass.ie