English for Speakers of Other Languages
This 10-week ESOL course is designed for adults already living and working in Ireland, for whom English is not their first language. Participants will study grammar, speaking and listening, reading and writing.
Important notice about this course
COURSE BOOKED OUT.
USE APPLY NOW BUTTON BELOW TO ACCESS WAITLIST.
Our popular ESOL classes are for adults living and working in Ireland, for whom English is not their first language. Participants will study grammar, speaking and listening, reading and writing. There will be an opportunity to take ESOL examinations in Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening.
Throughout this course, students will study the following:
- Speaking – Learning and practising useful phrases for speaking situations
- Writing – Practising writing tasks that are relevant to you at work or personally
- Listening – Improving your listening skills and listening strategies
- Reading – Improving your reading skills and reading strategies
- Grammar – Raising your awareness of grammar and using grammar more accurately
- Vocabulary – Learning new words and phrases to aid your understanding and use of English
- Pronunciation – Improving your pronunciation mainly through speaking and listening practice.
One evening of two hours (Wednesdays 7.00-9.00pm) per week for 10 weeks.
Fees for this course are €150.00.
No formal entry standards have been set. For teaching purposes, a short placement test comprising a telephone conversation and brief writing task may be used to assess applicants’ level of English.
*Please note that this course is NOT suitable for absolute beginners or for highly proficient users of English.
This course is for speakers of other languages who would like to improve their English language skills. You may have several reasons for wanting to improve your English: you may want to find a better job; get language support to help you with another course; understand Irish people better; help your children with their schoolwork; or simply because you love the language. Whatever your reasons, if English is not your first language and you would like to improve your language skills, this course will give you opportunities to learn and practice the language.
|Credits||Certificate of Attendance|
|School||School of Business & Humanities|
Certificate of attendance from DkIT.
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|
|Starting Date||Wednesday 30th January 2019 @ 7.00pm|
How to Apply
Interested students can enrol online by clicking the link below: