COVID-19 Updates:  See latest information for 2020/21 applicants, DkIT staff and students via our dedicated webpage  Read More.

new course

Certificate in Hotel Revenue, Marketing and Digital Media Management

Course Points
20
Course Duration
1 Year
Course Level
Level 7
Course Places
16 Places
Course Start Date
Jan 20th 2021

Four great reasons to consider this course

  • Learners on the programme will be introduced to the most up-to-date revenue management, marketing and digital media management systems.
  • Learners will gain the skills and competencies to work efficiently and effectively in revenue management.
  • Learners will be introduced to the technologies used to enhance digital media marketing for the tourism and hospitality industry.
  • The programme provides learners with the opportunity to gain 20 credits at level 7 which can contribute towards a full level 7 award.

Course Summary

Dundalk Institute of Technology (DkIT) has received additional funding for free postgraduate and modular upskilling programmes as part of the Government July Stimulus Provision. The July Stimulus Provision will help get Ireland's businesses back on their feet and get as many people as possible back to work quickly. The initiative offers funded postgraduate opportunities for the unemployed and those in employment pay 10%. This Certificate in Hotel Revenue, Marketing and Digital Media Management aims to equip learners with the digital and technological skills and competencies required for the efficient and effective management of pricing, revenue management, data analytics and the online digital environment, for the tourism industry.

Important notice about this course

Starts January 20th 2021

This programme aims to provide learners with the knowledge, skills and competencies necessary for effective work within front office, reservations and marketing of the tourism sector while affording them the opportunity for access and progression to a wide range of alternative employments and further educational choices.


The programme is designed to provide opportunities for employee development, in the area of revenue management, marketing and data analytics in the tourism/ hospitality industry. There is a need in tourism and hospitality to up-skill individuals already employed in the sector, to enable them to take on roles in revenue management and digital media management, a role which is increasing in importance in today’s tourism industry.

The following topics will be covered on this course:

  • Revenue Management 10 Credits
  • Marketing and Digital Media Management 10 Credits 

This course is scheduled to commence on Wednesday 20th JanuaryClass will run from 1.30pm to 3.30pm and from 4pm to 6pm.

For the coming year most of the delivery of this programme will be online, with plans to bring students onto campus at the start, mid-way and at the end of each semester.

On completion of the programme, learners can expect to work in a position of responsibility in a range of different tourism/ hospitality-related businesses, in the following departments: 

  • Revenue Management 

  • Hotel Reception 

  • Hotel Reservations  

  • Sales and Marketing  

  • Conference and Banqueting 

  • Learners will also havthe opportunity to progress to relevant programmes at levels 7 or 8. 

Graduates of the programme will have the opportunity to progress to the final year of the BA in Hospitality Management.

Higher Certificate in Arts/Business Level 6 or Advanced Certificate (FETAC Level 6) PLUS one year relevant experience.

OR

Recognition of Prior Learning. 
 

Eligibility for funding can be found here: Funded Modular and Postgraduate Opportunities / Postgraduate / DkIT - Dundalk Institute of Technology

 Current employees of the hospitality industry particularly those employed in front office, reservations, marketing and revenue management.

Brianáin Erraught (Head of Department of Hospitality Studies)
Phone: +353 42 9370256
Email: brianain.erraught@dkit.ie

Maria Roddy Freyne (Programme Director)
Email: maria.roddyfreyne@dkit.ie

Course ID DK_BHREV_7
Level 7
Duration 1 Year
Credits 20
Places 16
School School of Business & Humanities
Department Hospitality Studies
Awarding Body Dundalk Institute of Technology
Fees This course qualifies for fee support under the July stimulus (education) package announced recently by the government. This programme is available with 90%-100% government funding depending on which category you are eligible to apply under. For those eligible for the 90% funding the remaining 10% cost payable by the student would be €166. See details on eligibility below
Starting Date Jan 20th 2021
Apply to Dundalk Institute of Technology

How to Apply

You should apply using the DkIT Funded Postgraduate and Modular Programme Application Form: July Stimulus Form