Two great reasons to consider this course
- Sign up for this course for a friendly, practical and interactive experience
- Leave with new skills and confidence in the ability to make great tasting coffee
This 6-week course is designed for beginners and coffee enthusiasts wishing to learn a new skill which will provide them with a platform to progress as a coffee professional. Develop the knowledge to create a range of coffees from Americano's to Cappuccino's and perfect your skills using a coffee shop espresso machine. Sample and enjoy all the coffees on the drinks menu.
This course provides a practical introduction to coffee. It will be of interest to anyone that would like to acquire new skills and knowledge relating to the art of making espresso-based coffee drinks. This course will also be beneficial to anyone working in or interested in working as a professional Barista. Students will:
- Acquire knowledge of the history and origins of coffee
- Gain a better understanding of the coffee itself
- Gain practical knowledge of how to foam and texture milk for making cappuccino and latte coffees
- Build on their practical skills throughout the course Be able to apply the knowledge in the workplace
- Week 1: Origins of coffee and coffee tasting
- Week 2: Learn how to set up and use the espresso equipment
- Week 3: Learn how to froth and texture milk for different coffees
- Week 4: Understand the drinks menu
- Week 5: Customer service
- Week 6: Clean and maintain the coffee machine
One class of 2 hours per week for 6 weeks running Wednesdays 6.30-8.30pm.
The course will provide the learner with a distinct advantage to progress as a professional Barista.
This course will be of interest to coffee enthusiasts and anyone wishing to develop Barista skills in order to progress as a coffee professional.
|Credits||Certificate of Attendance|
|School||School of Business & Humanities|
Certificate of Attendance from DkIT.
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|
|Starting Date||Wednesday 23rd October 2019 at 6.30pm|
How to Apply
You can enrol online for this course by clicking the button below: