Two great reasons to consider this course
- Sign up for this course for a friendly, practical and interactive experience
- Leave with new skills and confidence in the ability to make great tasting coffee
This 6-week course is designed for beginners and coffee enthusiasts wishing to learn a new skill which will provide them with a platform to progress as a coffee professional. Develop the knowledge to create a range of coffees from Americano's to Cappuccino's and perfect your skills using a coffee shop espresso machine. Sample and enjoy all the coffees on the drinks menu.
Important notice about this course
COURSE BOOKED OUT!
USE APPLY NOW BUTTON BELOW TO ACCESS WAITLIST.
This course provides a practical introduction to coffee. It will be of interest to anyone that would like to acquire new skills and knowledge relating to the art of making espresso-based coffee drinks. This course will also be beneficial to anyone working in or interested in working as a professional Barista. Students will:
- Acquire knowledge of the history and origins of coffee
- Gain a better understanding of the coffee itself
- Gain practical knowledge of how to foam and texture milk for making cappuccino and latte coffees
- Build on their practical skills throughout the course Be able to apply the knowledge in the workplace
- Week 1: Origins of coffee and coffee tasting
- Week 2: Learn how to set up and use the espresso equipment
- Week 3: Learn how to froth and texture milk for different coffees
- Week 4: Understand the drinks menu
- Week 5: Customer service
- Week 6: Clean and maintain the coffee machine
One class of 2 hours per week for 6 weeks running Wednesdays 6.30-8.30pm.
The course will provide the learner with a distinct advantage to progress as a professional Barista.
This course will be of interest to coffee enthusiasts and anyone wishing to develop Barista skills in order to progress as a coffee professional.
|Credits||Certificate of Attendance|
|School||School of Business & Humanities|
Certificate of Attendance from DkIT.
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|
|Starting Date||Wednesday 5th February 2020 at 6.30pm|
How to Apply
You can enrol online for this course by clicking the button below: