Certificate in Employment Law
Two great reasons to consider this course
- The Certificate in Employment Law is an excellent qualification which provides students with the skills and knowledge necessary to manage their employer's human resource requirements.
- This course addresses all of the important employment legislation which affects every employer and every employee today. This certificate will analyse the overarching features of the Irish employment law system, focusing on the sources of employment law, the individual contract of employment, the institutional framework for dispute referral and resolution.
The Certificate in Employment Law provides an overview of the main elements of both Irish and European employment legislation as it relates to both employers and employees.
Important notice about this course
NOW ENROLLING FOR AUTUMN INTAKE
A variety of employment legislation has been passed in the last four decades dealing with virtually every aspect of the employment relationship, ranging from part-time and fixed-term work, equality and discrimination, bullying and harrassment to whistle-blowing and minimum pay.
This course addresses all of the importnat employment legislation which affects every employer and every employee today. This course will analyse the overarching features of the Irish emloyment law system, focusing on the sources of employment law, the individual contract of employment, the institutional framework for dispute referral and resolution.
Topics to be covered, include:
- An introduction to the Irish legal system
- The contract of employment
- Statutory employment protection
- Unfair dismissals, including practices and procedures relating to disciplinary matters
- Maternity, adoptive, parental and carer's leave
- Complaints, adjudication and the role of the Workplace Relations Commission and the impact of the Workplace Relations Act 2015.
- Data Protection Law/EUGDPR and its impact on the place of employment
Student must attend a 3-hour class one evening per week. Classes will include blended learning and significant online material. Assessment will be based on course work (e.g. two assignments).
€50 Application fee (refundable if you are not made an offer)
€100 Accept Offer fee (non refundable)
Balance of €350 payable by 31st October
Total fee = €500
Applicants MUST already hold a QQI Level 6 qualification.
Applicants who do not meet the minimum education requirements but are 23 years or older and have relevant work experience may still apply for consideration by the Institute.
The interview assessment criteria will include education record, knowledge of and motivation to take the course, the relevancy of their work experience, an applicant’s career plan and how the course will support their career path will all be considered.
The aim of this certificate is to provide participants with a working knowledge of the theory and practice of employment law with particular reference to the individual contract of employment.
This course will be of interest to employment law practitioners, i.e. employers and in particular small business owners, those working in human resource management and trade union activists; it will also be of interest to employees.
|School||School of Business & Humanities|
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|
|Starting Date||Wednesday 22nd September at 6.30pm (subject to change)|
How to Apply
Please ensure to upload any required documentation when you apply.