Certificate in Digital Marketing & Digital Media Management
Four great reasons to consider this course
- The course is delivered by leading digital marketing practitioners.
- The course combines a careful balance of theory and practical, hands-on learning.
- Students will learn the latest tools, techniques and trends in digital marketing today.
- Students have the opportunity to work with small, medium and large companies on 'live projects'.
This 1-year part-time course will allow participants to explore the key concepts, theories and skills needed to develop effectively as an online media specialist. Graduates will emerge from this programme with an optimal skillset to meet industry demand. Their extensive exposure to and practical 'hands-on' use of the leading industry applications/tools, coupled with relevant theoretical underpinnings, will mean that students will be instantly ready to deliver for a business. The work placement element, included once again, will have students even more 'work ready' for jobs in the digital marketing area. This is one of the few areas where the rising demand for skilled professionals consistently exceeds supply both in Ireland and abroad.
Important notice about this course
This course is funded via the Springboard+ scheme. For more information on Springboard+ please click here.
This programme is a 30-credit Level 7 Special Purpose Award that will allow participants to explore the key concepts, theories and skills needed to develop effectively as an online media specialist. Graduates will emerge from this programme with an optimal skillset to meet industry demand. Their extensive exposure to and practical hands-on use of the leading industry applications/tools, coupled with relevant theoretical underpinnings, will mean that students will be instantly ready to deliver for a business. The work placement element, included once again, will have students even more 'work ready' for jobs in the digital marketing area. This is one of the few areas where the rising demand for skilled professionals consistently exceeds supply both in Ireland and abroad.
Unique features of this programme are the high standard of lecturers, the mix between theory and practical teaching, the industry focus and getting the opportunity to work with small, medium and large companies on 'live projects'.
The modules and brief overview of content covered in each one are
- Introduction to E-Business: [E-Business Models, Infrastructure & Strategies, Mobile Commerce, Cloud Computing, Security & E-Payment Systems, Web Standards, Digital Citizenship.
- Marketing: [Introduction to marketing, theory and practice, The Marketing Environment, Buyer behaviour-consumer & organisation buyer behaviour, Market Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning, Market Research, Market Information Systems, Developing the Marketing Mix]
- Introduction to Graphic Design and Editing: [Principles of good design, Image editing tools, Import and export techniques, Optimising images, Special effects]
- Digital Marketing:[Strategic Digital Marketing Planning, Social Media Strategies, Online v offline buyer behaviour, Targeting Markets, Internet Marketing, Email and Viral Marketing, Mobile Marketing, Video & Podcasting, Affiliate marketing, Web Analytics & Conversion Rate Optimisation, Traffic Building: SEM, SEO, PPC]
- Integrated Marketing Communications:[Marketing Communication (MarComm) Theory, Communication Process; Semiotics; Culture & Meaning; MarComm Planning Process, Elements of the IMC Mix, Media characteristics & Media planning, Communication Policies, Legal Considerations, Evaluating effectiveness]
Note: These modules are subject to change and are for indicative purposes only.
Course will run two evenings per week (Tuesdays and Thursdays 6.00-9.30pm) plus occasional Saturdays (10.00am-4.00pm).
Participants who complete this course will be able to pursue opportunities in managing online marketing and sales campaigns within client-side marketing organisations, manage large volume ecommerce sites, create and manage digital campaigns within an agency environment, and develop careers in online PR. They will have an expert understanding of how to develop and rollout digital and social media strategies within organisations of all sizes that are aligned with corporate objectives.
Previous graduates of this course have progressed to work for firms of all sizes in the international marketplace in:
- Graphic Design and Editing
- Digital Marketing
- Web Analytics
Applicants must already hold a Level 6 qualification or equivalent.
Applicants aged 23 years or over since January 1st and who do not have at least a Level 6 award may be interviewed. The interview assessment criteria will include education record, knowledge of and motivation to take the programme, the relevancy of their work experience, applicants career plan, how the programme will support their career path and their understanding of the challenges and demands of taking a Level 7 programme.
Experiential learning will be assessed under the Instituteâ€™s Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) process.
This course is ideal for those wishing to upskill in the area of digital marketing and to receive up-to-date insider industry knowledge, hacks and best practice advice for your sector It will be of interest to those who own a business or manage a corporate website. It will also benefit those who are involved in online and offline advertising, marketing, digital production or public relations, who specifically need to gain a greater understanding of the growth of digital tools, channels and platforms that consumer now expect businesses to be present on and be willing to engage on.
|School||School of Business & Humanities|
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|
|Fees||€250 (Springboard subsidised)|
|Starting Date||Starts Tuesday 21st January 2020|
How to Apply
If you have any questions about applying for this course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org