Certificate in Digital Marketing & Digital Media Management
Four great reasons to consider this course
- The course is delivered by leading digital marketing practitioners.
- The course combines a careful balance of theory and practical, hands-on learning.
- Students will learn the latest tools, techniques and trends in digital marketing today.
- Students have the opportunity to work with small, medium and large companies on 'live projects'.
This 1-year part-time course will allow participants to explore the key concepts, theories and skills needed to develop effectively as an online media specialist. Graduates will emerge from this programme with an optimal skillset to meet industry demands.
Important notice about this course
This course is supported by Springboard+. You can find more information on Springboard by clicking here.
Unique features of this programme are the mix between theory and practical teaching and getting the opportunity to work with companies on live projects. The work placement will have participants work ready for jobs in the digital marketing area.
Their extensive exposure to and practical 'hands-on' use of the leading industry applicants/tools, coupled with relevant theoretical underpinnings, will mean that particiapts will be instantly ready to deliver for a business.
The modules and brief overview of content covered in each one are
- Introduction to E-Business: [E-Business Models, Infrastructure & Strategies, Mobile Commerce, Cloud Computing, Security & E-Payment Systems, Web Standards, Digital Citizenship.
- Marketing: [Introduction to marketing, theory and practice, The Marketing Environment, Buyer behaviour-consumer & organisation buyer behaviour, Market Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning, Market Research, Market Information Systems, Developing the Marketing Mix]
- Introduction to Graphic Design and Editing: [Principles of good design, Image editing tools, Import and export techniques, Optimising images, Special effects]
- Digital Marketing:[Strategic Digital Marketing Planning, Social Media Strategies, Online v offline buyer behaviour, Targeting Markets, Internet Marketing, Email and Viral Marketing, Mobile Marketing, Video & Podcasting, Affiliate marketing, Web Analytics & Conversion Rate Optimisation, Traffic Building: SEM, SEO, PPC]
- Integrated Marketing Communications:[Marketing Communication (MarComm) Theory, Communication Process; Semiotics; Culture & Meaning; MarComm Planning Process, Elements of the IMC Mix, Media characteristics & Media planning, Communication Policies, Legal Considerations, Evaluating effectiveness]
Note: These modules are subject to change and are for indicative purposes only.
Course will run two evenings per week (Tuesdays and Thursdays 6.00-9.30pm) plus occasional Saturdays (10.00am-4.00pm).
Participants who complete this course will be able to pursue opportunities in managing online marketing and sales campaigns within client-side marketing organisations, manage large volume ecommerce sites, create and manage digital campaigns within an agency environment, and develop careers in online PR.
FREE to those in receipt of an eligible DSP/Springboard payment. For more see: HEA - Springboard+ (springboardcourses.ie)
A FEE OF €225 APPLIES TO EMPLOYED / SELF-EMPLOYED STUDENTS.
Applicants must already hold a Level 6 qualification or equivalent.
Applicants aged 23 years or over since January 1st and who do not have at least a Level 6 award may be interviewed. The interview assessment criteria will include education record, knowledge of and motivation to take the programme, the relevancy of their work experience, applicants career plan, how the programme will support their career path and their understanding of the challenges and demands of taking a Level 7 programme.
Experiential learning will be assessed under the Institute's Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) process.
To apply for this programme via the Springboard+ scheme, you must meet the eligibility criteria (click to read) in addition to the minimum entry criteria listed above.
This course is ideal for those wishing to upskill in the area of digital marketing and to receive up-to-date insider industry knowledge, hacks and best practice advice for your sector. It will be of interest to those who own a business or manage a corporate website.
It will also benefit those who are involved in online and offline advertising, marketing, digital production or public relations, who specifically need to gain a greater understanding of the growth of digital tools, channels and platforms that consumer now expect businesses to be present on and be willing to engage on.
Nuala Rispin (Department of Business Studies, DkIT)
|Course Type||Flexible & Professional, Springboard|
|Fees||FREE to those in receipt of an eligible DSP/Springboard payment | A FEE OF €225 APPLIES TO EMPLOYED / SELF-EMPLOYED STUDENTS|
|Starting Date||Tuesday 24th January at 6pm (subject to change)|
|School||School of Business & Humanities|
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|