Bachelor (Hons) of Business (add-on)
This one-year, add-on honours business degree aims to facilitate the development of students’ interpersonal and intellectual capabilities. The programme assists learners in their academic, intellectual and personal development to enable them to work as business professionals who develop, lead and sustain Irish industry on a national and international basis.
Specifically, this course aims to
- To foster the intellectual ability of learners in a manner that enables them to make a meaningful contribution in their professional and personal lives.
- To develop graduates with the knowledge that will enable them to question, analyse, synthesise and critically evaluate situation and context in seeking solutions to business problems.
- To instil a work ethic and develop a spirit of creativity, enterprise and innovation whereby graduates can adapt and change to their environment, not simply work rigidly within it
- To facilitate in participants a spirit of learning and inquiry that will assist in examining and assessing the scope and potential of business and management.
- To identify opportunities that can contribute to the economic development of the region and beyond and to develop an innovative and enterprising approach to problem solving.
- To develop in students’ skills and competencies in communication, self-management, teamwork, decision making flexibility, the ability to work across boundaries.
- To establish a foundation for continuing professional development and postgraduate opportunities and life-long learning.
- Management Accounting Techniques
- Applied Economics
- Business Ethics and Corporate Citizenship
- European Law & Business (Year Long)
- Strategic Management (Year Long)
- Electives: Financial Services 1 // Strategic HRM 1 // Digital Media Authoring) 1 // Marketing Management 1 // English 7 1 // French 7 1 // Spanish 7 // German 7 1 // Chinese 7 1
- Management Control Systems
- Applied Economics
- Digital Marketing Theory and Practice
- Electives: Doing Business in New and Emerging Markets // Multimedia Project // International HRM // Financial Services 2 // English 8 // Spanish 8 // French 8 // German 8 // Chinese 8
- Small Business Management
- Human Resources Management
- Professional Accountant (on qualification)
- Secondary Teaching (Postgraduate Diploma in Education required, plus teaching council registration - please check teaching application process and the Teaching Council requirements at here).
Successful graduates of this course are eligible to apply to study the Master of Business Studies in Entrepreneurship and Marketing at DkIT.
Applicants to this course should have successfully completed the bachelor degree (level 7) in Business, or equivalent, with an overall pass and a minimum overall average of 50%.
|Duration||1 Year (add-on)|
|School||School of Business & Humanities|
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|