Certificate in Data Analytics
The Certificate in Data Analytics is a 1-year part-time conversion programme in Applied Data Analytics which was devised in response to the highlighted need for data savvy graduates. It will provide learners with skills in the areas of statistics, programming and databases that will enable them to transfer much of the domain specific knowledge/skill already gain in their primary degree(s) to the IT and Data Analytics sector.
Important notice about this course
NOW ENROLLING FOR SEPTEMBER
This course is supported by Springboard+. You can find more information on Springboard by clicking here.
Data Analytics is a contributor to key technologies in many areas of Business, Engineering and Computing. This programme is a first step into the area of Data Analytics, providing upskilling and reskilling opportunities. This 1-year part-time programme, consists of a technical subset of the modules being offered in year 1 of the Higher Diploma in Data Analytics. It aims to provide participants with a strong foundation in statistical techniques, spreadsheet technologies and statistical programming using R.
- Statistics using R - (Semester 1 of 2) https://courses.dkit.ie/index.cfm/page/module/moduleId/57159
- Spreadsheet Data Analytics - https://courses.dkit.ie/index.cfm/page/module/moduleId/56802
- Applied Database Systems - (https://courses.dkit.ie/index.cfm/page/module/moduleId/56805)
- Statistics using R - (Semester 2 of 2)
This course will be delivered online with optional monthly onsite meet ups. Classes normally run on Monday and Wednesday evenings 6:00pm to 9:00pm over two semesters.
Some Practical and Written Exams will run on-campus.
The course provides a starting point for a career in areas such as:
- Data Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Data Engineer
- Progression routes open to graduates of the Certificate in Data Analytics, may include conversion to the Higher Diploma in Data Analytics or progression to the PGDip / Masters in Science in Data Analytics (subject to meeting additional entry requirements).
FREE to those in receipt of an eligible DSP/Springboard payment. For more see: HEA - Springboard+ (springboardcourses.ie)
A FEE OF €185 APPLIES TO EMPLOYED / SELF-EMPLOYED APPLICANTS
ANY Honours (Level 8) Degree with 15 credits of Mathematics and/or Statistics OR
Level 7 Degree with 15 credits of Mathematics and/or Statistics AND at least 2 years of work experience together with strong numeracy skills.
No prior programming exposure is required.
This course is aimed at:
- Candidates with strong numeracy skills and a basic knowledge of statistics who wish to become more data savvy. No prior programming exposure is required.
- Graduates with strong numerate skills who wish to pursue a career in the expanding area of Data Analytics.
- Professionals who wish to develop their Data Analytics skills to apply them to real problems in their current work domains.
|School||School of Informatics & Creative Arts|
|Department||Computing Science and Mathematics|
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|
|Fees||FREE to those in receipt of an eligible DSP/Springboard payment | A FEE OF €185 APPLIES TO EMPLOYED / SELF-EMPLOYED APPLICANTS|
|Starting Date||Monday 27th September at 6.00pm|