Certificate in Leadership, Management and Business for the Early Years Sector
The aim of this programme is to support and engage early years’ educators, managers, and supervisors in ethical, democratic leadership and effective management that promotes sustainable development in the early years sector. The programme is designed and developed to facilitate those working in the early years sector who wish to obtain knowledge and skills through work-based learning in authentic contexts and where assessments are linked to practice. The programme supports participants in their career readiness as competent leaders and managers of high-quality provision in Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) settings.
Important notice about this course
The next intake for this course will be January 2022.
Upon completion of the programme, the graduate will be able to:
Apply theories and concepts of effective leadership, management and change within the early year’s sector.
Demonstrate an awareness of ethical considerations and team dynamics when implementing change.
This one-semester (12 weeks) programme is delivered predominantly online, with live online lectures on Wednesday evenings from 6 pm to 9.30 pm. In addition, face to face classes will be delivered from 09.00hrs to 16.30 hrs on 2 Saturdays over the semester (please note that we continue to review ongoing public health guidelines in relation to COVID 19, and subject to that this timetable is subject to change)
The employment prospects for these graduates will be greatly enhanced by having a Level 7
Special Purpose Award qualification. Possible positions of employment will include:
• Supervisors or managers in Early Years settings • Pedagogical Leaders within Early Years settings
• Open own Early Years setting
Graduates may be eligible to apply for the BA in Applied Early Childhood Studies.
Course fee is €625 payable in 3 instalments as follows:
- Instalment 1: €50 is payable upon application (This is non-refundable if you are made an offer of a place)
- Instalment 2: €100 (non-refundable) is payable to confirm your acceptance of a course place.
- Instalment 3: €475 is payable by the end of October of the academic year.
• Applicants should have a QQI Level 6 in Early Childhood Studies or equivalent
• Currently employed in a supervisory role/manager/educator in an ECS setting
Currently employed in a supervisory role/manager/educator, in an ECS setting.
|Course Type||Flexible & Professional|
|Starting Date||January 2022|
|School||School of Health & Science|
|Department||Nursing, Midwifery and Early Years|
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|
How to Apply
Please ensure to upload any required documentation when you apply.