Certificate in Food and Agri-Business
This 1 year part-time course has been designed to up-skill existing science and agriculture graduates with a view to increasing their employability in the Agri-Food sector.
Important notice about this course
COURSE NOW CLOSED FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing date for applicants is 16th September 2021.
Final exams may be scheduled in the DkIT campus during the day time.
The technical skills of these graduates will be enhanced by the acquisition of knowledge in areas such as business, marketing, entrepreneurship, quality management and lean manufacturing. This will enable them to contribute to the cost-effective development and marketing of products in this sector.
This is a predominately online course. Students are required to attend for face to face classes (09.00hrs to 16.30hrs) 2 days per semester, (total of 4 days per academic calendar). The remainder of the programme will be delivered via live online lectures one evening a week.
Please note that these arrangements may be subject to changes due to the Covid-19 situation.
Due to the blended learning delivery within this course students should have access to a PC / Mac, a headset with a mic, and a broadband internet connection from home, so as to be able to fully participate in the course. Basic IT skills essential.
Graduates of this programme should be in a position to obtain employment in the Agri-Food sector in managerial, supervisory, product development or quality management positions. The programme will also provide skills to entrepreneurs who wish to start a small company or develop a food product and bring it to the marketplace.
The course fee is €1,425. The fee is payable as follows:
- Application Fee = €50 (Non-refundable if you are made an offer of a course place).
- Accept Offer Fee = €100 (non-refundable).
- Instalment 1 of €600
- Instalment 2 of €675
- Level 6 major award in business, science, engineering or agriculture. (Applicants who do not have a Level 6 award may still apply and may be considered for an interview.)
- Applicants for whom English is not their first language must have English level of IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
- Equivalent industry recognition may be given through the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process on an individual case-by-case basis to candidates who have not yet achieved this academic standard but who can demonstrate significant relevant professional experience.
|Course Type||Flexible & Professional|
|Starting Date||Thursday 30th September 2021|
|School||School of Health & Science|
|Department||Agriculture, Food and Animal Health|
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|
How to Apply
You can enrol online for this course by clicking the button below:
Please ensure to upload any required documentation (i.e. scanned copies of existing education.al qualifications and your CV) when you apply.