Heat Pump Installer
Three great reasons to consider this course
- Do you want to obtain the fundamental knowledge and understanding in Heat Pump systems?
- Are you a qualified Plumber who wishes to up-skill?
- Are you a qualified Plumber, or equivalent allied trades craftsperson, who wishes to apply to the SEAI to become a registered Heat Pump Installer? Then this course will interest you.
This training course is aimed primarily at potential installers of packaged heat pump systems for the domestic and small commercial sector. It delivers the fundamental principles for the understanding, specification and installation processes of heat pump systems for the heating and cooling of buildings.
Important notice about this course
USE APPLY NOW BUTTON BELOW TO ACCESS WAITLIST
The core elements of this course are to provide participants with an understanding of the technical principles of heat pumps. It is intended that those who undertake this course will have an appreciation of the various players and responsibilities associated with the installation of heat pump systems.
This is a single standalone module worth 5 Credits at QQI Level 6.
The indicative content is as follows:
- Environmental and economic arguments for the installation of heat pump systems.
- Relevance of structural insulation, alternative and complimentary energy saving technologies.
- Working principles of heat pump technology.
- Calculation and specification of heat pump systems.
- Heat and hot water distribution methods, integration and control.
- Installation, commissioning and fault finding a heat pump installation.
- Resources and responsibilities associated with heat pump installations.
One evening a week (6.00pm- 9.00pm) for 10 weeks. Course will run in a blended learning delivery format (i.e. mix of online classes and face-2-face classes) as follows:
Week 1 & 2 face-2-face
Week 3 online
Week 4 & 5 face-2-face
Weeks 6, 7, 8, 9, & 10 online
This course is intended to provide a fundamental understanding of heat pump systems and thereby expand the opportunities available to practitioners within this field.
This is a higher education 5 credit module which may be recognised by other higher education providers for possible module exemptions on other programmes.
The fee for this course is €600.
Please note that due to the very high demand for this course fees paid are non-refundable.
You MUST hold a Level 6 Advanced Craft Certificate in Plumbing or equivalent.
Practitioners with a background in related fields of technology and a number of years relevant experience may also be considered (e.g. members of RGII/OFTEC/Safe Electric).
This programme is aimed primarily at qualified plumbers; however practitioners with a background in related fields of technology and a number of years relevant experience may also be considered.
|Course ID||PLUM E6020|
|Course Type||Flexible & Professional|
|Starting Date||Tuesday 28th September @ 6.00pm|
|School||School of Engineering|
|Department||Engineering Trades and Civil Engineering|
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|
|Apply to||Dundalk Institute of Technology|
How to Apply
Please remember to upload a scanned copy of your existing trade(s) qualification when applying online.