Postgraduate Diploma in Bio-Energy (Full-Time)
The Postgraduate Diploma in Bio-Energy is a 1-year full-time programme aimed at producing graduates with an advanced level of theoretical knowledge and some level of practical knowledge, with a highly developed research capability and innovation skills to enable their professional development as leaders in the Bio-Energy industry.
Upon completion of the programme, students will:
- be regarded by their peers as subject area specialists in the advanced modules taken in the PGdip in Bio-Energy, and leaders in the field covered by their research project, with an advanced understanding of the knowledge base in these areas and an appreciation of how this equips them to offer leadership in the area of Bio-Energy.
- have excellent teamwork skills with the ability to take responsibility for the work of individuals and groups, and have developed a high level of competence in initiating, leading and managing technology projects.
- have the capacity to apply advanced theoretical knowledge to solve complex problems in the field of Bio-Energy.
- have the ability to systematically evaluate emerging Bio-Energy technologies and trends.
- have the ability to provide competent advice and consultancy to relevant bodies engaged in Bio-Energy.
- have a profound respect for intellectual integrity and for the ethics of scholarship.
- have highly developed research skills including the ability, as listed below:
- to evaluate and synthesise the academic research and professional literature base.
- to select and apply standard and customised research tools and techniques of enquiry forming a solid foundation for pursuing further industrial or academic research.
- to formulate judgements and synthesise conclusions following the completion of a systematic piece of research.
- to communicate these conclusions to a variety of audiences in an articulate and convincing fashion.
- to reflect on and evaluate his/her own performance, career and professional development.
This programmes includes the following modules:
- Bio-Energy 1: Fundamentals of Bio energy
- Bio-Energy 2: Advanced Bio-Energy
- Power system Integration of Renewables: How Renewable Energies are integrated onto and how they affect electrical grid systems
- Energy Policy and Economics: Introduction to the policies and economic considerations driving renewable energy
- Project: 30-credit supervised research project module.
Applicants will require a level 8 degree in any discipline (minimum 2:2). Suitable candidates who do not meet this criteria may be considered for the programme based on other qualifications and/or work experience.
In such cases, the DkIT Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) policy process will be applied. DkIT recognizes that knowledge, skills and competencies can be acquired from a range of learning experiences, including formal and informal. Through its RPL policy, the Institute commits to giving appropriate recognition to all relevant learning, irrespective of mode or place of learning.The focus of the RPL process is on the outcomes rather than the process of learning. RPL candidates will need to demonstrate the appropriate academic level of their learning and, where relevant, produce evidence of practical skills.
|School||School of Engineering|
|Department||Electronic and Mechanical Engineering|
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|
|Starting Date||September 2021|
How to Apply
Applications are now being accepted through the Springboard+ website at the link below.