Higher Diploma in Business
The Higher Diploma in Business programme is geared toward the international market. It aims to provide learners with an awareness of the theory, concepts and methods pertaining to the field of business and management.
It gives learners an appreciation of the inter-relationships between business functions and processes. Extensive knowledge and understanding of the contemporary business environment and an awareness of the need for adaption and change are core sub-fields. Upon completion of the programme, learners will be able to: evaluate knowledge in the field of business, apply a range of analytical skills, and analyse business environments to aid decision making and implement change.
- Strategic Management*
- Financial Management
- Business Ethics & Corporate Citizenship
- Cross-Cultural Organisational Behaviour*
- Digital Marketing Theory and Practice
- Management Accounting
- Doing Business in New and Emerging Markets
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- English (2 modules)
- The English language modules help learners to develop their spoken and written English. As the programme shares modules with the Business School's BBS Honours programme, students are provided with opportunities to study alongside domestic students, thereby enhancing their learning outcomes and English fluency.
The Higher Diploma in Business programme offers learners a pathway to Masters level study. Upon successful completion of the programme, and having gained a 2:2 or higher, graduates may apply to the MBS programme at level 9.
This programme is delivered through English, therefore, an advanced level of English language proficiency is required.
For international applicants, specific IELTs requirements apply.
|Course Type||Add On|
|School||School of Business & Humanities|
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|
How to Apply
Via the DkIT International Office (email email@example.com) or through the Programme Director Ms Cathriona Connor - e-mail: Cathriona.Connor@dkit.ie.