You don't need to be an A-grade student to know software can be expensive.
If cash is tight, you might consider one of the many available free programs, or use online-only applications. While they might not be as feature-rich as their paid counterparts, you might be surprised at what's available.
If online software does not suit you, and you can't find an open source alternative, the below information may be helpful in where to source the cheapest software for you to use at college.
Adobe has set up an agreement with HEANET that gives students the best discounts on Adobe software. All that is required is a student email address, and the discount applies. To access this, students just need to visit https://dkit.onthehub.com
All the software is downloaded electronically! Products included in the agreement are Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Production Premium, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Dreamweaver and others.
Dundalk Institute of Technology has decided to provide Microsoft Office to every student at no cost. Office 365 includes the latest version of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and more. As long as you’re a student here<*>, you’ll be able to use this software at no charge.
• Install on up to 5 compatible PCs and Macs, plus 5 tablets (including iPad!)
• Use with OneDrive for automatic device syncing
• Gain valuable skills on the world’s most popular productivity software
• Use the same programs as your School to ensure full file fidelity
To get your Office follow these simple steps:
1. Log in to your college email account at http://webmail.dkit.ie
2. Click on Settings. (it’s the Gear icon in the top right hand corner of the screen located next to the question mark icon).
3. Select Office 365 settings.
4. Click on Software on the left hand side of the screen and then select which software you would like to install.
There is a video available at this link which will take you through the steps:
If you have trouble signing in, contact the Computer Services Helpdesk. If you have trouble installing the software please refer to the document below.
<*and we continue to offer this program>
|Office install guide.pdf||141.65 KB|