DkIT's Computer Services department provides wireless internet connectivity as a service for staff, students and visitors with wireless-enabled devices. If you visiting from another college or government office, you may wish to use eduroam.
eduroam (education roaming) is the secure, worldwide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community. This service provides extended Wi-Fi access for visiting participants of eduroam to DkIT from other colleges.
If you don't have access to eduroam, you can apply for login details at one of the following locations:
- School Office (if invited by a School)
- Library Helpdesk (if using the Library)
- IT Helpdesk (Contractors, other cases)
Connecting to Wi-Fi at DkIT as a Student
All registered DkIT students are allowed to connect their laptops, smartphones and tablets to the eduroam Student Wi-Fi service.
Android & iOS Mobile Devices
- Download Geteduroam app for iOS (Download from Apple Store) or Android (Download from Android Play)
- Install App and open
- Search for Dundalk Institute of Technology
- Click Next
- Enter Student username (firstname.lastname@example.org) — please make sure you include @student.dkit.ie or it will fail
- Enter your student password
- Connect to Network
- Click Save
- Click Ok
- You now should be connected
Windows 10 & 11
Windows 10 & 11 you should simply be able to connect to the Eduroam Wi-Fi and enter username (email@example.com) — please make sure to include @student.dkit.ie in username or it will fail.
Problems Connecting to eduroam Wi-Fi?
Connecting to Wi-Fi at DkIT as a Staff Member
Please follow the same instructions as above. Please note your username will end in @dkit.ie (not @student.dkit.ie).
Wireless Usage Information:
If you are intending to use this wireless network, please note the following:
- This wireless network is designed primarily for internet access only - while it may support printing and file-sharing services within the institute, these services are not guaranteed.
- The wireless network is filtered through one of our proxy servers. Although the proxy server is there just to filter out pornography and other inappropriate material, some sites may be unintentionally blocked. If you are an event organiser, it is advised to check sites that may be required for presentations etc before the event so that we may have time to unblock the site for you.
- Maximum file download sizes are in place on the wireless network. These are there to enforce a "fair use" policy. If you need a particularly large file downloaded, please do it on the wired network or have someone else do it for you.
- Although we will ensure the network is up most of the time, we cannot guarantee that your device will connect to it. Also, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your wireless device when connected to the network.
- The use of anti-virus software is highly recommended when using any network connection.
IMPORTANT: you are not permitted to connect a laptop or any other network device directly to the Institute network via network cable. Please go to your nearest wireless hotspot.