DkIT's Computer Services department provide wireless internet connectivity as a service for staff, students and visitors with wireless-enabled devices. If you visiting from another college or government office, you may wish to use eduroam.
eduroam (education roaming) is the secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community. This service provides extended Wi-Fi access for visiting participants of eduroam to DkIT from other colleges.
How to Apply for a Login:
If you don't have access to eduram, you can apply for a login at one of the following locations:
- School Office (if invited by a School)
- Library Helpdesk (if using the Library)
- IT Helpdesk (Contractors, other cases)
Wireless Usage Information:
If you are intending to use this wireless network, please note the following:
- This wireless network is designed primarily for internet access only - while it may support printing and file sharing services within the institute, these services are not guaranteed.
- The wireless network is filtered through one of our proxy servers. Although the proxy server is there just to filter out pornography and other inappropriate material, some sites may be unintentionally blocked. If you are an event organiser, it is advised to check sites that may be required for presentations etc before the event so that we may have time to unblock the site for you.
- Maximum file download sizes are in place on the wireless network. These are there to enforce a "fair use" policy. If you need a particularly large file downloaded, please do it on the wired network or have someone else do it for you.
- Although we will ensure the network is up most of the time, we cannot guarantee that your device will connect to it. Also, we are not responsible for anything that may happen your wireless device when connected to the network.
- Use of anti-virus software is highly recommended when using any network connection.
IMPORTANT: you are not permitted to connect a laptop or any other network device directly to the Institute network via network cable. Please go to your nearest wireless hotspot.