Preparing For Your Work Placement
Placement Student Information - What I need to know
Work Placement is a compulsory assessed module of your programme of study.
Placement is a vital aspect of your learning journey at DkIT with a range of benefits for you including:
- Enhancing your third level study experience - experiential learning
- Putting learning into practice – making sense of theory
- Learning in “Real Time” - in a supportive, professional environment
- Professional Skills Development
- Personal Growth & Confidence
- Motivates for remainder of study period
- Test out career options
- Contributing to the work of an organisation in your chosen area of study
- Increases employability – through relevant work experience and references
- Build contact base for future employment
Additional information is found below.
It is common practice that companies/ host sites will require students to attend interview to secure their placement. An interview can be a daunting experience for students but with focused preparation and research you can eliminate many of your concerns and fears.
CVs and Cover Letters
A quality CV that shows you in your best light can make all the difference.
Book an Appointment
We can provide one-to-one support in CV preparation and Interview Skills.